Wednesday, July 25, 2007


Readers Respond (July 25, 2007): Letter of the Week

From Osinowolaw (July 25, 2007)
I stumbled upon your blog after having signed up to buy Juice Plus, from a friend who sells it, a couple of weeks ago. I am really regretting my decision and I want to get out of this and cancel my contract. They've got my credit card number. What do I do now? Should I send a letter to NSA? Please advise.

Reply From The JPRB Team
Ouch! Too bad you didn’t read the blog a few weeks sooner. NSA will, in all likelihood, refuse to refund any of the outstanding balance for the remainder of your first 4-month commitment. You could try to contact NSA or your distributor and request that they accept a return of your unused product and not charge you for the remaining 3 monthly payments, but based on the experiences we have heard from other disgruntled customers, they will likely refuse to do so.[1,2,3] Once stopping your order, however, they should at least not charge you for additional product, but once again, not all customers have had success in this regard. If they did continue to charge you after the 4-month initial period, you could dispute the charges with your credit card company and that should lead to a fairly swift resolution. You could get out of the commitment for the remaining 3 months of your initial order if you were to accidentally lose your credit card and report the loss to your card company. They will issue you a new card, and old recurring payments will be rejected.

Another angle to consider is whether the distributor who sold it to you misrepresented the product in any way or made false claims about it. If they did, then you would be well within your rights to demand an immediate refund. Failure of NSA to provide a refund under such circumstances would give you sufficient cause to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, and your State Attorney General. Even the threat of such action might make NSA more amenable to refunding your money.

Reply From Anonymous (July 27, 2007)
Consumer law is almost always favorable to the consumer. If the consumer is at all not pleased, they are usually in their right to saw a "nevermind" and obtain both a refund and a cancellation of remaining fees. As you mentioned, filing a dispute with the credit card company is a good approach. You can usually do this on-line with the credit card company.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?